THREE SESSIONS — NINE SPEAKERS
Join Us in San Francisco
The program includes three sessions covering issues unique to the region—innovative building skins, high performance facade delivery, and San Francisco’s changing building fabric. These well-rounded, expert dialogues will inform and inspire.
The Facades+ conference series is a robust dialogue encompassing all things building skin—bridging the profession, industry, academia, operations, and ownership. We’ve distilled the best of the Facades+ 2-day event into a quick-take morning forum with a strong local flair. Facades+AM is returning to SF on June 7th, 2018.
- AIA Members
- Architecture Students and Faculty
- Building Envelope Specialists
- Construction Professionals
- Materials Specialists
- …and you!
Emilie Hagen, Associate Director, Atelier Ten
Bruce McEvoy | Principal | Perkins+Will
- Beyond Little Boxes: Innovations in Facade Design and Delivery
- Redefining Performance: Future-Proof Building Envelopes for a Changing Bay
- Horizontal Vs Vertical: The Development of Transbay Terminal & Salesforce Tower
- 4. Extra Credit Afternoon: Stick Around for Lunch + 3 CEU Presentations
Associate Director, Atelier Ten
Emilie Hagen is the Associate Director of Atelier Ten’s San Francisco office, and a member of the Façade Tectonics Steering Committee. She is an expert in building performance with over a decade of experience in the application of advanced building analysis, including facade optimization, shading analysis, net zero water and energy, resiliency, and carbon management.
1. Beyond Little Boxes: Innovations in Facade Design and Delivery
South and Eastern Neighborhoods of San Francisco are the site of radical transformations of the Bay Area’s building stock from multi-family residential to innovative medical and college campuses. Hear from AEC experts leaving their mark as they bring the next generation of buildings to San Francisco.
Stanley Saitowitz Principal Natoma ArchitectsBIO
2. Redefining Performance: Future-Proof Building Envelopes for a Changing Bay
Defining performance criteria for building envelopes is a crucial step in future-proofing projects.
Leading designers and engineers will speak on their latest projects and how they’ve defined performance characteristics in the process.
Sanjeev Tankha Director Walter P MooreBIO
3. Horizontal Vs Vertical: The Development of Transbay Terminal & Salesforce Tower
As the new Transbay Terminal and Salesforce Tower near competition, hear from some of the design team that delivered San Francisco’s most influential new additions to the downtown skyline and streetscape.
Mirjam Link Senior Project Manager
Extra Credit Lunch and Learn After Facades+AM
3 EXHIBITOR PRESENTATIONS
Lunch will be served and 4 CEU credits will be provided. Directly follows the Facades+AM morning forum. Only $25.
1. STI FIRESTOP (2 Credits)
Sign up for the Extra Credit Afternoon using the button below.
LU eligible: 3 LU/HSW hours
Only $25 including lunch.
Join the dialogue!
Event Venue & Hotel
- SPONSORS CAN SET UP ON SUN. AFTERNOON & MON. MORNING 2 – 4 pm Sun. Sept. 24, day before event and/or 6:15 am Mon. Sept. 25, morning of event
- Please do not send oversize packages or crates. This is a tabletop show, not a booth, and there is ltd. storage space at the venue. Please get approval ahead of time for anything oversized or the packages may be refused. Contact Susan Kramer at email@example.com for Shipping Address and Logistics.
- Will I receive confirmation of my registration?
Yes, once we have processed your registration and payment, you will get an email confirmation detailing your registration.
- Do I need to bring my registration confirmation to the conference?
Yes, it’s always a good idea.
- What do I need to bring if I registered as a Student?
Bring a current student ID card with your photo and present it when checking in.
- When do I get my badge and/or event tickets?
Badges will be provided at check-in at the site on the day of the event.